I am a qualified and HCPC registered social worker (SW91860), which experienced working in different organsation. On the resume page there are details of these organsations I have worked for and the qualifications I have gained. Below are details of my key experiences and skills as a social worker.
Key Experience and Skills in Social Work
- From 2012 to 2018
- Worked as a qualified social worker with adult service users in various first line customer facing roles. Such as an assessing social worker, an advocate, an enquiring officer during safe-guarding enquires and as a duty social worker.
- Worked in a first line customer-facing role with supervising social workers, children social workers, existing fostering carers, prospective foster carers, and local authorities. I have worked directly with looked after children and families in multi-ethnic and multi-faith communities.
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary teams (MDT) from different services / organisations and consulting with health care professionals in the statutory and charity sectors.
- Working in partnership with social care service providers, advocates, and different professionals to promote the well-being of individuals using a strength based approached and to ensure they have access to the required level of co-ordinated care.
- Conducted assessments and reviews within the Care Act 2014 national statutory framework. This included community care assessments, support planning, initial financial assessments, mental capacity assessments, risk assessments including identifying safeguarding concerns.
- Holding a varying caseload including case work, transitions, project work and safeguarding. This includes for example working adults with learning disabilities, carers, support providers, families in multi- ethnic and multi-faith communities
- Experience of frontline work as a duty social worker by responding to queries from inside and outside the service, reviewing client needs, updating care packages, and identifying risks including raising or responding to safeguarding concerns
- Developing various support plans for clients and signposting clients to services, such as those found on the PAN London Care Place website. In addition, providing general signposting, guidance, advice, and support in the form of advocacy support to service users.
- Familiar with relevant IT computer systems, such as Windows, Microsoft Office, Framework-I, Mosaic and Liquid Logic.
HCPC Update of Social Work registration in England
On Thursday 4th July 2019 the HCPC announced social workers in England would be registed with a different regulator known as Social Work England. For further information about this announcement, click here!